Thursday, April 21, 2011
To Leave or To Be Left?
I am most definitely one of the most indecisive freaks on this planet. Even when I make a choice I still hang around in case, for some reason, the circumstances change. By the way they never change, especially when it comes to relationships.
Break-ups are ridiculously hard. SOMEONE has to make the decision when they realize it just "isn't working out", but who? Sometimes only one person wants to run, while other times both people are ready to bail, but someone still has to start the conversation.
What is harder? Being dumped or dumping someone? I am going to identify some of the major points for each dumping situation.
GETTING DUMPED BY YOUR PARTNER
1. You don't have to break their heart
2. You don't have to make a decision
3. You can think they are an undeserving asshole and state that they made "the biggest mistake of their life"
4. You don't have to come up with the cheesy or angry break-up speech
5. You feel self-conscious because you don't understand why they bailed
6. You were not prepared (even if you could see it coming like a cow sees an oncoming train but can't do anything about it...)
7. You have to deal with the consequences of your mistakes (if you made any, they may just not love ya.)
8. You can use your anger at them for dumping you for self improvement.
9. Your heart gets broken
BEING THE ONE TO DUMP YOUR PARTNER
1. You are in control
2. You can prepare yourself
3. You can have your rebound prepared
4. You can totally tear a strip off them if they were a prick
5. You can have your supports from family and friends set up in advance
6. You can do it in a safe place
7. You have to crush someones heart/soul
8. Still have to deal with your own heartache and insecurities
So actually I still have no clue which works for me. I have had a broken heart and broken hearts and I can honestly say I feel worse when I break up with someone else.
The DUMBEST part: The reason I feel the worst when I leave a relationship is that I HAD TO MAKE A BLOODY DECISION!
How pathetic is that??? Where do you stand? What do you believe? What other areas about a breakup did I miss?