Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Technology Addict


“I admire anyone who rids himself of an addiction.” –Gene Tierney

Hello my blog name is “Pessioptimist” and I am a technology-aholic. You may have noticed (or probably did not notice) that I have not blogged for 2 days. My last post was in regards to the crazy ass snow storm that occurred for 2 freaking days. Just so happened to knock out my cable and internet!

Yep! Thank freaking God that I was sleeping all of the time because I would have gone absolutely bonkers. Yes, I said bonkers.

I realized in the 2 hours I had between sleeping and work that I was slowly starting to slip into a depression. A deep, dark hole of technologylessness was beginning to consume my soul. (A little dramatic, but whatever.)

List of reasons I use Internet:
1. Google anything
2. Blog
3. Facebook
4. Twitter
5. Banking
6. Watching TV
7. Downloading Music/Applications for IPod
8. Skyping
9. Finding Phone Numbers
10. Finding Locations

That is the top 10 anyways. After reading that list I kind of sound like a stalker. Woop!

Well now my internet has returned and I do not feel technologically deprived. Now I can avoid life by consuming myself in technology and to distract me from my realities. Substance abuse and gambling addictions are the same in many ways except I am not killing my liver through alcohol, destroying my lungs through smoking crack and getting totally broke by putting money into sparkling machines.

So here is my confession. I am addicted to technology. I played Angry Birds on my IPod and texted with 10 people every moment I had at home. It is everywhere around me, phones, computers, TVs, and MP3 players. I have a problem, but like any addict I will only stop when I truly feel ready.

I do have hobbies or at least things I am good at that have fallen by the wayside. So here is the beginning stage of my issue. Admitting I have a problem. I feel better already.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress. (My excuse to continue using my computer…)

No comments: