Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Historical Week


“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” –Albert Einstein

Damn! This has been a crazy week, I tell you! Let me list, as per usual, the stuff!

1. Royal Wedding- William getting it on with Kate is kind of a big deal. She is freaking hot! I say that as a straight woman and by God look at her sister! I watched most of the ceremony and I must admit that Kate looked quite lovely in her classy dress. I would have liked to see a bit more bling though. Then again, look at her freaking engagement ring, but will it match all of her outfits? I doubt it. Oh well, I saw that history in the making and I watched it LIVE!

2. Crazy Ass Snow Storm- That was stupid. You may have seen my wintery video of my recent spring. It got worse by the way after I showed the video. I watched it from the beginning to the end other than when I slept for a bit. The snow has pretty much melted now, but it sure isn’t helping our already flooded areas! Yuck.

3. Osama Dead- Hell to the yeah! Awesome news! Except there is no doubt in my mind they have a Vice Osama. Duh. But at least it is a small victory for the US army. Thanks so much to Obama for mentioned the help from the Allied troops for all of their help in Afghanistan. Oh wait; he didn’t say shit about them and I watched that speech LIVE too. Typical. Either way there are already conspiracy theories being made, but whatever? I don’t really care. I’m just going to believe that he is dead. I still want to see the photo!

4. Canadian Election- Whoop Conservative Majority!!! Now we won’t have our tax paying money put toward an election for a while. As one girl wrote on my Facebook, she can now fit the BQ and Green Party members in her civic. NDP kicked the Liberal’s ass. I watched this LIVE, as well. Freaking awesome victory. Yeah, I am a conservative voter. I was just glad that 60% of the population voted. A whole 1% more people than last time. I think the guy for my constituency is a tool, but I’m over it.

That was my week! I saw it all LIVE and I made sure I saved some pictures from the newspaper for it. Thought I’d start a history in the making album! It is amazing how much can happen across the world in such a short time. I will tell my non-existent children of these times and how cold I was in April/May 2011.

No comments: